Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Applique? Oh yeah..



So since this is supposed to be a crafty blog or something I figured I should post


something
crafty. I snagged this project out of a box right before it was about to be taped. I made 20 of these for the girls that I teach at my church. It took WAY too long. This is actually the only one that I ended up putting flowers on, I ran out of time, but the girls love them anyway. I made them big enough to hold a binder and several books, and they're super strong. After making all of them I actually totally got into bag mode and drew out and bought fabric for several other bags, including a diaper bag. Maybe someday I'll get around to making them! You don't get the real color in the pictures, but it's this fabulous, rich, lime green.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always embarrassed that I can make quilts but not any other sort of crafty thing. I love this bag! and I love lime green. Hope your move is going alright. Again hang in there. I'll be getting started on my crazy swap soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and green combination! So vibrant. Stay strong, you and your fabric stash will be together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bag! I use the Perle to hand quilt and embroider x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely bag - beautifully made! Wow you made 20 of these bag to give away!!! The recipients must have been thrilled with such a lovely gift.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete