Monday, April 27, 2009

Alphabet Soup

So this weekend I had an idea. I'm sure others have probably done it before, but I thought it sounded like fun. So here's the idea. I loved the quilt festival, that so many quilters became connected so I thought about doing an alphabet quilt swap. Here's how it works. 26 people sign up, each person is randomly assigned a letter from the alphabet. Each person makes 26 quilt squares of their assigned letter. When they're done everyone sends them to me along with the "story" behind their design. I repackage them and send each participate an alphabet soup kit, complete with one square of each letter and it's story. Voila we each have the makings of fabulous quilt full of stories and friends. What do you think? I know I don't have 26 readers of this blog, but I figured if you signed up and told your friends, we'd eventually get the 26. So here's the "rules"......

1. Each square should be 10" x 10"

2. Each square should have the letter somewhere on it with something that starts with the letter (a for aardvark, b for butter, you know how it goes)

3. The squares should be completed and returned to me by Dec. 1, 2009 (that gives us plenty of time AND a fun Christmas gift to ourselves, or anyone else we like)

4. There's nothing else I can think of, but if you can let me know.


So there's my idea. I'm all in of course, so we've got one. Who's going to be #2?

2 comments:

  1. If only I knew how to use a machine...I highly doubt I could get 26 blocks done by then...I think it's a very cool idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really great idea. But for the time being I have to many projects for my own good.... :-)
    But I would be happy to join another time, because the idea is good.

    ReplyDelete